Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Sketchbooks
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
Alphaf
Karbophile

Send a message via MSN to Alphaf
Default AlphaF Sketchbook: July10th*UnfinishedSketches*

Disclaimer:
All art featured in this thread is property of AlphaF and is therefore protected by international law. None of it may be used for self promotion or may claimed t be yor own. Any use of the pictures here must be with the artist´s consent.

...Ok so it´s not really subject to international law but I sure as hell will kick yo ass if you do use it as your own ! And also, I really doubt anyone will try to steal my crappy drawings and/or use them outside this forum.

September 5

Im starting a sketchbook (yes, again), the past one vanished into thin air becuase I posted once and then left it to die. This one I intend to keep.

"El Gordito"
2 Days worth of work, though I worked very little time on it
because of homework and other such school stuff. I plan to
give it more detailing...someday.

The Wandering Salesman
Its not quite finished, I want to add more details, more stuff
on him so he looks more like a salesman, but I can´t find that
many places to put some more stuff, maybe I´ll give him a bag
or something.

C&C much obliged.

Last edited by Alphaf : 08-02-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Alphaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #2
BillytheKid
Mysteriously Mischevious

Nice stuff. Very detailed. As for the Wandering Salesman just add a sling or something over his left soldier with a bunch of bags on it. Also I would just color in that little spot where his eyes show.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Alphaf
Karbophile

Dude I think the sling i idea is awesome, it hadn´t ocurred to me, i was actually considering removing the cape, thanks a bunch. As for the eyes I know what you mean, it could look good by just leaving him in total darkness but I wanted him to sort of a wizard (not just a crappy push-over salesman) and the eyes kinda give him a powerful look I think... i´ll se what other people say. Thanks
Old 09-05-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
Darkferret
still procrastinator

Send a message via AIM to Darkferret

First, like to say your detail are great, next, i agree with some bags of something to that extent, but i see no reason to change the hood or eyes, i like the bent look the character has but id say he seems a bit unbalanced on the left side. I'm not sure if you will understand what i mean so tell me if you need more info,

love to see it finished so keep posting.

old ones ^
Darkferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Alphaf
Karbophile

Mecha design for SideBurnz, described in IAC´s "Draw someone´s character" this is a newer scan and it has all those little sketches around the mecha.

Very quick, 15 minute concept. I leaned it up a bit to post it here, I also put this character´s description in IAC´s thread to see what other people come up with.

This....this is just some random warrior/assasin thing that I drew. I started this with no idea what so ever about what I was trying to do which is probably why there´s so many things wrong with it. Oh, and the best part is, I didn´t like how his face ended up so i put a bandana over most of it !
Old 09-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
Alphaf
Karbophile

15 de Septiembre, 2005

Been a few days (maybe weeks) since I last updated, been busy with classes, but today is Independence Day down here in my country so I get day off, and though work is a b!tch, finished early and got to scanning and updating this.

On today´s menu: Sketches. Random, quick, flawed sketches.

Both of these were made mainly to practice faces, I totally freaking suck at faces (not that im good at everything else). No reference used, however i tried to adopt the style of Michael Koiter and the all mighty Pandaren Brewmaster, Samwise! check them out at sonsofthestorm.com
All Hail the Sons of the Storm!

Oh yeah and the guy in sketch batch 2 is supposed to be me.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
Krasterk
...Long Live The Code

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Contest '06 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Song Illustration Contest '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Krasterk

Wow, awesome !
That skull thing just looks so...right =)
Those barbarians and your characters in general have a nice warcraft-like feeling or something.

Krasterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Alphaf
Karbophile

LOL!! Thank you!! somebody recognizing my Warcraft influences mean im finally approching the style I´m aiming for. You just made my day krasterk, thanks. I´ve tried real hard to draw more like the guys I mentioned in the previous post, but I still like to put a little me in the drawings.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
Alphaf
Karbophile

Here´s the "Midnight Rambler." Drawn for the PK Art Drill #39

Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
Krasterk
...Long Live The Code

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Contest '06 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Song Illustration Contest '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 

Uh...evil =) Nice one ! I don't know why but i really like his right hand (the one on the left i mean). Hmmm, a tattooed horn...good idea.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:40 PM   #11
Alphaf
Karbophile

Thanks Krasterk, I dont know why but i usually put tats and piercings on my drawings and I thought they´d look good on his horns.

This is my version of Krasterk´s Wesley "Bloodred" and his weasel, posted on the "Draw someone´s character" thread.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 PM   #12
Darkferret
still procrastinator

Send a message via AIM to Darkferret

the head shopt in you last post...i see that is his head at an angle...but his jaw/ jowles look really big, and like they are part of his neck, as always, great stuff... im having problems with heads latly...

oh, its be cool to see some inked sketches...but just sketches is cool. i like your work..yea... im done...

old ones ^
Darkferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #13
Alphaf
Karbophile

ASDF-2, Miss Wiggle´s character. Drawn for the "Draw soeone´s character thread" first ever fully inked drawing.

I changed the style and te mood of my usual drawings. Not too shabby I think.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #14
pofo
hopeless situation elder

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 
Total Awards: 1

Good stuff.
Question: do you ever draw female characters?
pofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #15
Alphaf
Karbophile

Good question, simple answer: No. You see, id really like to, but i suck amazingly at everything that has to do even remotely with female. I´ve tried but failed miserably. I think it´s mostly ecause I started drawing when I was a lil kid and when you´re a lil kid "girl´s have the cooties!" so my skills at women never grew. Conclusion it´s not that i dont draw women because i dont want or like to, its because i just cant, they turn up looking like disgusting cross-dressers.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #16
[h3ro]
Karbonite

Nice drawings. On the assassin drawing, the only things that bother me are his legs. They seem too "generic" and are posed in an awkward fashion, other than that, good job! Keep it up.
=-=-=-=-=
Life is not the amount of breaths you take, its the moments that takes your breath away.
[h3ro] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #17
Alphaf
Karbophile

October 2, 2005

Couple of days since my last update, been really lazy on the drawing thing, and what little attention my drawing did get was mainly for the "Island Battle" fc im participating in, just my luck, i got first turn just when i´m in a slump. Anyway did a couple of drawings between today and yesterday.

These are just a few doodles to study a little bit of Hyung Min-Woo´s style. Krasterk´s love for this man´s work got me to check it out and now my brother and I have fallen in love with his style, its just amazing. The dude with the tattoo under his eye (which I really hate btw) was done before I really looked at Min-Woo´s drawings, the rest were done after a long hard look, the one at the top was directly referenced from one. Anyway i´m not planning on taking up this style, just thought it´d be a good idea to check it out and see what I can learn form suc a master.

This one I did because I realized it had been a long time since I drew a guy in bulky armor i just love drawing those. This is still in the sketch stage, I´ll try to make a whole picture out of it, as you can se there´s a figure in the background, I was thinking of drawing a big orc-like thing with a lance stuck to it. so this dude would be tired from battle, but he won. Problem is, usually once I leave a sketch I don´t come back to it so there´s a lot of unfinished sketces in my sketchbook (as some of you might have noticed).
Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #18
Krasterk
...Long Live The Code

Awards Showcase

I'm so glad someone finally liked Min-Woo's stuff =) You already got better at it with a few doodles than me with my countless tries, heh... The one at the top looks awesome, you really got the weird way he places the muscles, especially the huge ones he draws behind the neck, don't know how what's their name...

Great idea, that guy and the dead orc... hope to see it finished =) You're definitely good at barbarians and huge peices of armor. Nice eyebrows =)

Old 10-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #19
Alphaf
Karbophile

Thanks Krasterk, I tried to keep as much of the style of Min-Woo as possible for that study, I really liked his muscle placement and proportion. I think I learned a lot about exaggerating muscle groups and I am trying to adopt certain things into my own style.

I wont be posting here for a while because my frikkin computer is gone nuts (for the billionth time in the last 6 months) so I am taking legal action against the company that sold it to me and hopefully I´ll get my money back and buy a better computer, not a clone this time.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:20 AM   #20
Enhanced Bren
Enhancer

Hi alphaf, i've read ur sketchbook now and its awesome. U got some great idea's to. Keep it up i like to see more

Spoiler:
The only thing that I know is that I know nothing.
Enhanced Bren is offline   Reply With Quote