Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge > Member Photos
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Send a message via Yahoo to AZmayu
Default AZmayu FOTOGRAPHIA

A series of Black & White photos from two different AirShow in Arizona and California. CC welcomed...

AZ

sketchbook tournament pk-pub fotos

Last edited by AZmayu : 05-07-2007 at 01:09 AM.
AZmayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
Krasnoznamonec

Sweet mother of me. This has outstanding feel of the 1960's to it. I absolutely love it. You can tap yourself on the back.

On other note the first pic looks like a nuclear explosion test. When they would fire a salvo of missiles for measuring reasons right before the explosion.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:03 AM   #3
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

thanks Kras, never thought of the 1960's look or feel to it, the first pic now that you said it. yeah kinda reminds me of that

AZ

Old 05-02-2007, 02:20 AM   #4
Steasaurus
rawr

It's probably this stupid monitor but most of them look a little to dark. Try messing with the levels or curves to get some more contrast or pull out some detail... that is, if it's not just my crappy monitor. Major Kudos on the pics in general however. My "crit" was merely a response to your asking :P
I love the ones were you've caught people and air crafts in manoeuvres, especially that one with the big loop (09). And that chixx0r on teh right in 11 is h4w7! lol xP
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
Meatloaf
Brett

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Meatloaf

Marvelous. These will be going into my reference folder.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
Kwiix
The Horror

Default R

Oh man...I love the first one.

I like how you made the people the subject of the shots with the airshow in the background. Great composition for all of these and love the extreme contrast. I usually don't like B&W shots because they can seem lifeless. Yours, however, look great with the contrast like that.

I was planning on buying this same camera (XTi) this week. I can't make up my mind on whether to go with the kit or just go with the body and spend extra on something better. Ugh...

I hope you post more, AZmayu.

To everyone else: Good photographers make good artists and good artists make good photographers. Taking photos will force you to see the world closer. As an artist you'll learn more about composition, lighting, etc. Everyone here should give photography a shot!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5te
It's probably this stupid monitor but most of them look a little to dark. Try messing with the levels or curves to get some more contrast or pull out some detail... that is, if it's not just my crappy monitor. Major Kudos on the pics in general however. My "crit" was merely a response to your asking :P
I love the ones were you've caught people and air crafts in manoeuvres, especially that one with the big loop (09). And that chixx0r on teh right in 11 is h4w7! lol xP
thanks 5te, your monitor is perfectly fine ... the high contrast was intended. i wanted the background with the smoke trails of the aircraft to pop up more in contrast with the foreground people.

AZ

Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #8
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf
Marvelous. These will be going into my reference folder.
i will have more posts and then you can have more reference in your library .... thanks for the comment Meatloaf...

AZ

Old 05-03-2007, 12:51 AM   #9
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiix
Oh man...I love the first one.

I like how you made the people the subject of the shots with the airshow in the background. Great composition for all of these and love the extreme contrast. I usually don't like B&W shots because they can seem lifeless. Yours, however, look great with the contrast like that.

I was planning on buying this same camera (XTi) this week. I can't make up my mind on whether to go with the kit or just go with the body and spend extra on something better. Ugh...

I hope you post more, AZmayu.

Kwiix..... don't get the kit. my 18-55mm lens that came with it is just setting here doing nothing. i got myself a more wider lens just a bit and more zoom. 17-85mm IS. the Image Stabilation helps.... or get the 24-135mm IS which is even more zoom. first i was undecided on getting either the 17-85mm or the 24-135, but then i was going for more wider angle compare to the 24mm. plus if i need alot of zoom, i have a cheap ass 70-300mm.

so get the body and buy a good lens Kwiix, i'd suggest an all-around lens.... a wide combination zoom.... so you wont need to change lenses every so often like me.

Quote:
To everyone else: Good photographers make good artists and good artists make good photographers. Taking photos will force you to see the world closer. As an artist you'll learn more about composition, lighting, etc. Everyone here should give photography a shot!
what you said about here is so true. when i got my camera i am more observant to everything around me from the whole wide picture of the streets to small details like the cracks on the pavement.

AZ

Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #10
Kwiix
The Horror

Default R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmayu
Kwiix..... don't get the kit. my 18-55mm lens that came with it is just setting here doing nothing. i got myself a more wider lens just a bit and more zoom. 17-85mm IS. the Image Stabilation helps.... or get the 24-135mm IS which is even more zoom. first i was undecided on getting either the 17-85mm or the 24-135, but then i was going for more wider angle compare to the 24mm. plus if i need alot of zoom, i have a cheap ass 70-300mm.

so get the body and buy a good lens Kwiix, i'd suggest an all-around lens.... a wide combination zoom.... so you wont need to change lenses every so often like me.

what you said about here is so true. when i got my camera i am more observant to everything around me from the whole wide picture of the streets to small details like the cracks on the pavement.
Where did you get your lenses and which exact ones did you get? This one: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-17-85mm-.../dp/B0002Y5WXO?

Everyone that I've asked has told me not to get the kit. You're the final one. I'm getting the body only then!

Thanks for the advice, AZmayu.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:20 AM   #11
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Quote:
Where did you get your lenses and which exact ones did you get? This one: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-17-85mm-.../dp/B0002Y5WXO?

Everyone that I've asked has told me not to get the kit. You're the final one. I'm getting the body only then!

Thanks for the advice, AZmayu.
yeah, thats it.... ... get the lens hood too for that specific lens. unfortunatelly canon lenses dont come with lens hood.

i get my stuff at B&H
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

hehehe, i cant wait for you to your new cam dude,,, hehehe. ive been telling couple of my friends here to get this camera too, so i could have a group photo shoot out....

AZ

Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #12
Kwiix
The Horror

Default R

I'll get the hood also then. I'm glad I have a 4 gb CF card. I'll need it with this camera.

I might have to wait a little longer for the camera seeing on how it's going to cost me $1,300 or more. I need to be saving and not spending.

But knowing me I might get it soon anyway. I'll let you know.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 AM   #13
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Quote:
I'll get the hood also then. I'm glad I have a 4 gb CF card. I'll need it with this camera.

I might have to wait a little longer for the camera seeing on how it's going to cost me $1,300 or more. I need to be saving and not spending.

But knowing me I might get it soon anyway. I'll let you know.
sweeett.. . yeah, should bought a 4gig instead of the 2gig. i have a couple of 2gig cards and a 1gig. i was waiting for circuit city to have a 4gig card sale but they had one on the 2 gigs instead.... rencently i lost my extra battery and bought another one and i found out later that my extra battery was in bottom of my camera bag, now i have three batteries... well, in a way i shoot i think extra batteries helps aswell.. hahaha.

AZ

Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 AM   #14
Evil Iori

Send a message via MSN to Evil Iori

Damn man, Those are some really sexy pictures. Makes me wanna go out and take some myself. [Too bad my camera is shitty + it's night time right now =X]

I really like 01, 06, and 022. 07 almost looks like a crescent of a moon.

Evil Iori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #15
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

Default "As i drive around" by AZ

The series of photographs was taking during my daily trip from home to work visa versa. C&C welcome...

Waiting for the traffic to move

Waiting for a ride

Truck number 376

Right lane close

One cool ride

In traffic nap

Hearts

Cement mixer

Boxes

AZ

Old 05-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
moof
:D

Send a message via AIM to moof

nice color. good photos.

not the best compositions, but still nice to look at.

cement mixer is the best/most interesting to me. Nice mix of detail, color, and composition.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #17
SlashArtist
Бегемот

Send a message via AIM to SlashArtist Send a message via MSN to SlashArtist

I really like these. Hearts is near perfect.
SlashArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #18
moof
:D

Send a message via AIM to moof

I'm merging your threads. Rename this thread to suit your preference, 'cause if you're going to post more photos, do it here.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:08 AM   #19
AZmayu
BASTA NOYPI

thanks mann..

AZ

Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #20
McGarnacle
coins in a wishing well.

yer, hearts ftw