Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member Created Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 AM   #21
johnway
Master of rubbish art.

I always use cheap paper. If i get fancy paper it tends to discourage using it. Its far too good to be wasted. So i use the cheapest (free) paper i get my hands on.

EDIT: incidently, how do the french curves work? They've always amazed me. Can they actually get you every single curve you've wanted in a drawing?

"Life is one great journey. Shame about the destination"
johnway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:20 AM   #22
aido179
Karbonite

yeah, i have always wondered about french curves too, they dont seem very universal. but in my oppinion, you can "draw" with any thing but if you want to "draw" to the best of your ability, you will need some small essentials like pencils paper and rubber. also you will need to have a good state of mind. i know i cant draw at al if im worried or distracted much.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #23
Aruthuran
Once In a Blue Moon

Well....It isn't all lies.yes, you could draw in the dirt, but doing that won't allow you to seriously preserve your art. I do agree that in art, nothing is really needed, (things like dancing or singing are arts) but for most of us here, I think that in the case of us wanting to draw consistently and on the specific medium of visual art, you would probably need a little more than dirt and sticks.

I think music is a big preference, there are some that need and those that can't draw with any on. you probably don't need rulers or templates unless it's really technical, like cars and wheels and stuff like that, but even still, art has a thin line between technicality and realism, and abstraction.

Personally, I prefer abstraction a little more because to me, art is more than making really realistic looking things in our world. I mean, if you want those, then why not just take a photo?

Long post, sorry if there are any things I said that are inaccurate.
Aruthuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #24
Downy
lolwut?

Send a message via MSN to Downy

Guys guys, all justinpoon was trying to do is offer some loose guidlines for some beginners who might be wondering what would be a good starting point for them to start drawing.

No need for some harsh discussions
Old 01-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #25
Nack
Arrivederci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabur
This thread is all lies. All you need it is dirt and a stick. Seriously, all you need is something to write on, and something to write with.
Yea, im with this guy, lol. Its not a "must" have... All you need is just a pencil and some papers, you dont have to go all out on the equipments. the quality of the drawing depends on you. Not some pricy pens and papers.
Nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #26
Dharc
Terrestris Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Dharc Send a message via Skype™ to Dharc

Bumped for great justice?