Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Alucard1515
BANNED? You tell me?

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Alucard1515
Default Skin Care

So, I posted this thing in progress almost a year ago for feedback... I finally finished it! There are so many fundamental things (on the drawing level even) that bug me, that I just had to finish it and move on. I'm so busy with work, that I've only picked away at this for a couple of years (and the drawing is several years older than that!).

Anyway, thought I would share.

***I just went back to read where I originally posted this and I feel really bad. I didn't really take into consideration any of the crits that were given. They are all perfectly valid, and I was not trying to ignore anyone's feedback. I was just really tired of this thing hanging over my head, and wanted to be done with it. I may go back and tweak it one day, but I really just want to move onto something else at this point.***

100 sketches in 100 days
Sketchbook
Alucard1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Christmas Contest '05 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver

haha, congrats on finishing.

everything's so shiny and clean =D Might be nice to see some blur on the woman, to contrast the hard edges in the midground. also think the pupil on the woman ought to be angled more towards the man.

now go do something else!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Alucard1515
BANNED? You tell me?

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Alucard1515

Yeah, I started from an inked line drawing, so things stayed very solid throughout the painting process. When I went back to the in progress thread, her head was one of the main things I wanted to fix. Ah well, moving on.

100 sketches in 100 days
Sketchbook
Alucard1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
mandelak
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to mandelak

This is bloody awesome!!

I personally would've liked it done in a landscape view. something about it being in portrait that looks weird. Like I tried scrolling sideways to see more only to realise that there was nothing else lol.

Nothing bad just yeah, me lol. awesome, love the guys expression.
mandelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
AegisFuzzy
Karbonite

Well i love the drawing and the concept but there are a couple things that stand out to me mainly the arms and hands.
-The right hand on the table seems to dwarf the left in size including the forearm not by much but enought to be noticeable, which given that the left arm is closer to the viewer should be a bit larger.
-The pointer finger on the right hand is incredibly large and the thumb looks very flat.
-the left hand fingers...there is SIX! look at the width of the fingers and the knuckles you defined. Also they seem to bend in 180 degrees around the knife which looks funny. Especially the thumb which is bent in such a way where you should see some of it around the knife but you don't so it looks like he's not even really holding it. Also the joint of the thumb with the rest of the hand has a sudden dip, should be smoother.
-The right leg under the table is too long

I know that seems like alot but hands are easily especially in my case one of the most difficult things to get right. But i love everything else you have done, the point of view as if we are standing with the woman work great. Love your work.

Crit is always welcome and Appreciated, DO IT!!!!
AegisFuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote