Broken:

Solitude:

Saint Catherine:

Would really like to know what people think of them! Thanks
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Goat
Karbonite

41 views and no criticisms? Come on, I'd really like to know what people think...
Old 05-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Professor Az
TK-85650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat
41 views and no criticisms? Come on, I'd really like to know what people think...
Please don't bump your posts. Not everyone is online 24 hours a day to provide critiques. Have some patience.

See, Makkon? This is me, being nice.

What do I think of these pieces? While your color values are good, I think you could crank up the contrast and the details a bit more, because right now all of these images are pretty washed out. This could be due to the camera you are using, it could be a style thing.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
AznPB
Call Me Pogi

Send a message via Skype™ to AznPB

Although you may have 85 views at this point - most of those views may be from guests who float around the site and thus cannot leave a reply on your work.

My unprofessional opinion - I think your stuff is great. While paint and color are not my forte, I think your palette choices are good. Too much dark can muddy things up if you're not careful and warm colors according to theory will draw the eye. (I find myself looking at Saint Catherine's tail? more than her face and you're having me stare at a rug and a chair in another) Perhaps the chair should have been a different color than the carpet.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
astrapho
One of 'em crazies

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle Contest - Winner: 1st place - Issue reason: Beat the scariest boss into a pulp 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: When Hell Freezes Over Contest '11 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to astrapho

You need to mix the colors more. They don't really work, don't feel harmonized. Too much whites, too. What's the word I'm looking for... fruit salad disease! You have to think of the colors in terms of relative. Unsaturated green looks blue next to red, that kinda thing.

Paint from nature for a bit, then come back, is my advice. But of course I don't know much about this color stuff, so take it with a grain of salt.
astrapho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #6
Goat
Karbonite

Hi, sorry for the impatience, I guess it's because I put them on the concept art forums which are really active and no one replied after a week :(

Thanks for the criticisms everybody, it's given me a lot to think about for my next paintings (I can't edit my current ones as they are pieces for my a level exam). It was interesting to see different people's different takes on colour, and I will certainly be experimenting with different ways of doing colour and upping the contrast.

Just a side note: the paintings are arranged in a somewhat chronological order, the top one (Chew) being the most recent, the last one being my earliest.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Phl
Clang-Klang!

Send a message via AIM to Phl Send a message via MSN to Phl Send a message via Skype™ to Phl

I don't see a week gone. Your first post was on the 24th and today's the 27th. You need to chillax.

That said, I feel like your paintings (except chew I guess) needs more stronger shadows and highlights. I find them confusing and kinda blurry.

Phl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
Goat
Karbonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phl
I don't see a week gone. Your first post was on the 24th and today's the 27th. You need to chillax.
I said on the Concept Art forums. On which my post was on the 19th of May.
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=220792

Quote:
That said, I feel like your paintings (except chew I guess) needs more stronger shadows and highlights. I find them confusing and kinda blurry.
Hmmm well I guess on some of them I intended them to be disorientating, but I can see that becoming annoying rather than interesting, so I think you're right. I will try stronger shadows...thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
john-briner-art

Hello there! Cheers for your artworks! Are you sure, you're only 18 years old? You definitely have a heavenly acrylic paintings! Lost for words for that! Amazing talent is deserve to be appreciated like yours! Very very good =)