Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #701
Aarpie!
Karbonite

Send a message via Yahoo to Aarpie! Send a message via Skype™ to Aarpie!

So... I started hanging around Poly Karbon back in... 2003? 2002? I learned most of my stuff getting started here, and I've still got my Poly Karbon mouse pad lol (that's over a decade old now... god I'm old).

Anyway, I've been craving a community for my arts, hoping to start getting more active feedback as I try to get better. So I'm BACK! And I'm really excited to be here. I'm already seeing the level of talent that's here, and I'm super excited to start getting some valid feedback on my art again I'll start up a sketch book thread soon.

Talk to you soon, guys!
-Aaron
Aarpie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #702
Maat22
Karbonite

HI everyone, i have been browsing pk for six or seven years now, always enjoying peoples work and getting inspired for my own. Always wanted to be able to post, but my internet was so slow and didn't have a camera or scanner, but, thanks to smart phones i can now!

So i figured its time to start posting and having a little CC on my work. Art was always a solo project for me but, when i did get together with another artist i always came away hyped up. So thanks for being here and i look forward to a great time!
Mathew
Old 06-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #703
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Welcome mate! Six or seven years, huh? Well then, you've been lurking for quite a while, so here is your first assignment:

Rate lamb on an awesomeness scale from 1 to 10.

Be very careful, for your conduct may be taken as precedent in my future responses.

No pressure.

Welcome. ~~~ kisses.

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #704
Maat22
Karbonite

Lamb? as in the meat? As far as lamb goes in the meat world i give it a 8 or 9. depends on who cooked it.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #705
Maat22
Karbonite

and your work is pretty awesome too.... 8 or 9. nice fantasy stuff, and i like to see all the women. it took me a while to learn how to draw the female figure. in the beginning all i could draw was dragon ball z style guys. you have three medals too so that is pretty awesome. but im not gonna kiss to much booty...
Old 06-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #706
Nixx90
Karbonite

Hey everyone, i feel like im in the same boat as Maat22 about lurking for so long! Off and on its been probably about the same time as him. I finally have the courage to post my own stuff and get started on a sketchbook post. Everything that i post, as of now, will be from a phone camera. I don't own a tablet yet, so i keep it oldschool and use paper! :P

I want to start actually pursuing a career in art, possible tattoos. So im looking for alot of crits! Thanks
Nixx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #707
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 

@ Maat22: Good answer.

Welcome Nixx90! Here is an introductory question for you:

If you were invited to a carrot themed party and the grocery shop was all out of carrots, what would you do?

Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #708
Nixx90
Karbonite

hmmm that sounds like a tricky question. In a real life scenario id end up going to another grocery store. If all the stores were out of carrots id bring a bunny! haha.
Nixx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #709
Anyte
The Unsmiling

Welcome new people.

Carrot themed party, no carrots .... bring a parsnip. If someone asks ... it's not feeling well.

go nude - "Of course it's a carrot. My ass is following it ..."

Last edited by Anyte : 06-08-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Anyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #710
giby
Karbonite

Hello,
I am primarily self taught concept artist/ illustrator working in the game industry right now. I cam across the crimson daggers community through you tube and thought it would be great to be a part of this community.
I am here to improve my art and help others along the way.I really do hope I make a lot of new friends . Looking forward to meet you guys.
giby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #711
Maat22
Karbonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixx90
Hey everyone, i feel like im in the same boat as Maat22 about lurking for so long! Off and on its been probably about the same time as him. I finally have the courage to post my own stuff and get started on a sketchbook post. Everything that i post, as of now, will be from a phone camera. I don't own a tablet yet, so i keep it oldschool and use paper! :P

I want to start actually pursuing a career in art, possible tattoos. So im looking for alot of crits! Thanks
YES!!! ME TOO! finally someone who understands! (maybe a little) lol i may never get a tablet. so Iphone pic forever!
Problem is now i cannot figure out how to actually get a sketchbook started because i don't know how to post and attachment does not work... :(

Please someone help me so i don't turn back into the shadow stalker again!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:26 AM   #712
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Create a thread. Upload images somewhere (photobucket, imageshack, tumblr... something better that exists, but lamb is old and does not know the newest image posting sites) then include the link to the image (right click > copy image location) and put it into the polykarbon board post between tags:
Code:
[img]*your link here*[/img]
Click submit post/reply,new thread... whatever. You can also Preview the post if you are not sure.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #713
Palladium
Karbonite

Hey guys, my names Eric. Here are a few places where I post my work.
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...hy-Sketchiness

http://theriffe.deviantart.com/
Gotta sketchem all blog
Tumblr
Palladium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #714
X Chris
Untitled Document

Send a message via ICQ to X Chris Send a message via AIM to X Chris

@Palladium/Eric: Welcome to pK! I like your style. There are some strong color and form pieces in your blogs. Your brushwork is really confident, too. It looks like you've already put a lot of hours in.

Stick around and join a sketch exchange!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #715
srilyk

Send a message via ICQ to srilyk Send a message via AIM to srilyk Send a message via MSN to srilyk Send a message via Yahoo to srilyk

Welcome new people. Hey Maat22, I bet imgur has an iPhone app. On the android one you can pick BB code and it will copy the link to your clipboard so you just have to paste the link.

Sketch Exchanges:
Now with more <InnerShadow>
Over 9000! - with <ssjmvegita>

You want eyes? Get them here!
srilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:31 AM   #716
Zifalon
Karbonite

Send a message via Skype™ to Zifalon

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, i came here few weeks ago.
I am young ''artist''(16 years old), student of Shool of design.
I came here to make my own sketchbook and to see what other artist think about my work.

Regards zifalon
Zifalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #717
ErichM
Karbonite

I used to be a regular member of PKBBS in the early 2000's. I think my username was something like S.J.Nero and I posted up a lot of crappy anime fanart for critique that made me irrationally upset, like most kids like me at that time.

I decided to come back because, as an active blogger on tumblr, I don't receive any critique or input on my work and I feel like I've become much too comfortable drawing things in a... well, shitty way. I still draw mainly fanart. I'm a busy, working adult now so I don't have much brainpower after a work day to use my imagination and draw original ideas.

So for a bit, I'll be posting up some older works so people can get a feel for how I've been drawing the past 10 years or so and give me some good, constructive input on what I've been doing wrong all this time.

I also want to add that, when I was much younger and spent most of my time here, a lot of lonely, single(?) men drooled over pictures I took of myself. I was really girly in my teen years... I'm a transman now! Yup, in the course of about 10 years I discovered weird feelings about myself, didn't know what they meant, found communities of people who felt the same as me, and found out that I'm transgender (and soon-to-be full blown transsexual). I just find it ironic that a lot of straight men found me attractive in my preteen years (creepy) and now I identify as a man. I even look pretty butch now.

Anyway, I hope we'll all have good times together!
ErichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #718
muzz
karbogasm

Hi Erich, I remember you a S.J.Nero! Sorry i took so long to validate those posts i need to be more on the ball with that!

It's quiet around here nowadays sadly, but hopefully the members around here will be able to help you out!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #719
djizomdjinn
night painter

Hmmm... I think I remember your avatar... purple lineart of a girl (?) with a cocked baseball cap?

It's been a while, and yeah it's quiet around here these days, but we're still the same. Welcome back!
djizomdjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #720
Sway Mi
Karbonite

Default Hey...

hey ...I'm Sway!
I'm an animator and illustrator first and foremost but I also like doing all the art things.
got a Disney Animator's Art Set for Christmas one year and I was hooked. (even had real cells)
fell in love with Dean Yeagle's character Mandy in a "found" playboy and my comic pin-up obsession started.
openly envy the mad skills of J. Scott Campbell, Martin Abel, Todd McFarlane, Andrew Loomis, Ben Caldwell to name a few.
spent a few years at the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale doing Animation Arts.
had some success —3d work played at MSG and the BB&T arena plus I did a calendar for a NHL cheerleading squad.
ducked an acceptance to Ringling College of Art and Design for Animation for a IT business opportunity and put art aside.
and now I'm here ...picking up the [wacom] pencil and knocking the 2 years of dust off it.

nice to meet you (:

"Adorkable" —Tooning my friend's FB Profile pics to stretch —wacom tablet + sketchpad pro + photoshop.
Sway Mi is offline   Reply With Quote