Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member Created Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
IAC
Blinky Blink

Send a message via AIM to IAC Send a message via MSN to IAC Send a message via Yahoo to IAC
Default IAC's Women's & Markers Tutorial - Updated 02/26/08

Hey everyone, M3_Freak had a good idea about doing a tutorial. Granted this isn't the most laid out tutorial, and it is more of an overview. But hopefully the small tips I provide will be able to help you. Good luck!

Last edited by IAC : 02-26-2008 at 11:07 AM.
IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
m3_freak
Karbonara

That's really cool, glad you decided to do it. I literally had no idea how you worked with markers.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Cruiser18
The Sharpest Pencil

Awards Showcase
3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 
Total Awards: 1

Really nice wellproduced tutorial.

I don't like marker coloring so it won't really benefit me, but the effort in it is clear.

Nice work.
Cruiser18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
IAC
Blinky Blink

Send a message via AIM to IAC Send a message via MSN to IAC Send a message via Yahoo to IAC

Thanks guys! Yeah, cruiser, I wasn't a big fan of markers either. But one day I just saw them at the art store and I was like... "Well, I sucked last time I had a set of markers, maybe this time I can do better!" It took some time, but it was definitely worth it!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
b1zz0b
Put your pants down.

Send a message via AIM to b1zz0b

Sweet now I can bust out the old coloring books.

'Oh no, eraser time!' is classic.
b1zz0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
storm dragon
Noogi! Noogi! Noogi!

as always IAC you are amazing and markers!!! who would have thought markers could do so much.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. -General Douglas McArthar
storm dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
IAC
Blinky Blink

Ok, so here's an update to the women's and markers tutorial. I'll try to update this more as I come up with new stuff.

The first step is to always remember that curves and quick smooth lines are our friends! So here we go:

Phase 1: Draw out some simple hips. They'll look like granny panties, but remember this is just the structure, we really don't want to DRAW DRAW granny panties! And if you do, well... to each their own, right?

Phase 2: Buttocks and front leg. Again, make sure you're using smooth curved lines. This phase consists of 3 simple lines. Just try to follow the contour and direction of the guidlines.

Phase 3: Define the waist draw the background thigh and hip bone. A tip to make the legs sexier, thin out the waist, but not too much! Again just follow the contours and guidlines I drew.

Phase 4: Frontal knee and calf. I almost feel like I am drawing noodles at this point, but that's a good thing. Noodles are loose and smooth (when properly cooked) so try and make your lines loose and smooth. Follow contours and guidlines.

Phase 5: Background leg, knee, & calf. This is the supporting leg, so make sure it is set lower than the front leg when posed like this. Follow contours and guidlines.

Phase 6: Color. Try to take a simplistic approach. Think of the thighs as cylinders. Apply the same method of color to the thighs. You can do the same for the calfs, but remember that the calf has flat parts on it. I'll try to do a more in depth color tut, but not just yet.

I left the feet out because I am not happy with my current feet drawing skills. I will get back to you all when I level up in feet drawing skillz.