Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Art Critique
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Meatloaf
Brett

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Meatloaf
Default Critique please! Banner for work

6 foot x 2 foot cloth banner to hang in front of a table. P.S. I work at a whiskey distillery, thus the cocktails and such. Supposed to be eye-catching and get people to our table during tastings, trade shows, and whatnot.

Black border wont be on there, it will just be a full bleed. I'll clean up lines and edges once I transfer it from photoshop to illustrator. I juts noticed I forgot to put fingers on the one guys hand

Old 03-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
black300
hopefully talented xD

I really like the atmosphere on the pic, really relaxed and i think it really fits the ambient you are going for. In my opinion the only critique would be to soften the lines on the people (to soften a contrast).

Also maybe this guy that has no fingers would need a little rotation to the left, and of course few more fingers but you noticed that already
Old 03-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
IARKK
XBLive: Blasianman89

This is great, and I agree on making the lines on the people a lighter color.
IARKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
djizomdjinn
night painter

Maybe push the guy on the right shaking a drink right a bit further, and turn his head so that he's looking at the group? Just a little thing you might consider.

Or maybe make his lines the background lighter shade, to draw attention back to the group.
djizomdjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
ShimmeringSword
KarbideRanger

Yep, the far bartender could use a lighter shade to ease the drop off in the scene.
Something similar could go for the end of the shelving and bar too. You've already got a little bit of fall off happening there with the way the bottles cut out but overall it's still a rather sharp end to the scene.
The KOVAL text itself might be deserving of a darker shade. I like that the text isn't begging for attention, but it could use a little more.

Everything else looks good.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
bell

I'd ditch the second bartender completely, tbh. At the moment it looks like he's just standing about, shaking a drink for no reason as there's no other customer visible at his part of the bar. That may subconsciously cause people to think the bar is empty, which wouldn't reflect well on the brand. take the second guy out and close the image round the customers who are visible, which would make it seem more intimate - which could work well given the craft-distillery nature of the product.
bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
Meatloaf
Brett

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Meatloaf

Updated. This is the vector trace/redraw (what a pain in the ass). Got rid of the shaker guy. Pending any misc anatomy and nitpicks, I think it's pretty much done.