Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Art Critique
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
Remamaru
Karbonite

Color Art Alucard Fanart-ish something

Okay, I was looking at the speed-paint thread (polykarbonbbs.com/showthread.php?t=648&page=14), and suddenly got some inspiration to do this. So, I'm planning on adding some strong lights under him, like he's standing on the top of a building and stufff.. So far I've spent approximately 1,5 hours I think. I guess it's not too bad for a noob like me. XD SO, I was hoping that someone would give me some crits on this and maybe some tips or something, idk. X'3

I really need it. :'3
And thanks for looking, anyway. X3
-Remamaru

Last edited by Remamaru : 08-03-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Remamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
kiyoshi
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to kiyoshi

hey cool another hellsing fan

well there isnt much too say at this point maybe making the hat a little wider where his head is supposed to go and adding more depth it looks really flat in some parts dont know im not so good at drawing people...
kiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Red Hot Hoshi
赤い星が熱くないよ!

Send a message via AIM to Red Hot Hoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Red Hot Hoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Red Hot Hoshi

Hellsing = win.

I'd say try out using purple instead of black for shadows, and white you really only use for super bright reflective highlights. That and, you don't have a well defined light source, the highlights that you have don't match your shadows, and some of the shadows don't quite make sense either. I'm no good with that stuff though, so I'd definitely wait for someone else to come in and say something.

Can't wait to see this finished.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Ezekeil
...is like Diet Pepsi.

Send a message via AIM to Ezekeil

Its a good start, some of the things that could use a double take:

-He's missing his right hand. I kno, hands blow, just bite the bullet and try to get it in there. You never get better at something if you never work on it.

-His left arm is incorrect. I'm guessing you want him grabbing his hat and as it stands now his hand isnt jiving with his arm. If you go back to fix it, pretend your grabbing the brim of a hat with your left arm and look at your arm and try to use that as a reference. When you move your arm like that the upper arm is almost straight out and the forearm at a 90 degree angle. If you draw the arm like that you wont have to move the hand very much to make it look more correct (i dunno if that makes sense, so take what you can outta it)

-You need to clean up your lineart and make it show volume. Showing volume with just line is something you should work on, it will help you out a lot with making a character look 3d without shading.

-...hmm...I have to get back to work, sorry, There are a few more things I wanted to touch upon but it seems I dont have the time! Can someone pick up where i left off?

- Zek
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Omocky_HQ/ <----Comic!!
Ezekeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Remamaru
Karbonite

Default Thanks Y'all. X3

Thanks for the crits and tips 8D
I've been really lazy on my anatomy studies and I suck at proportions, so I'm just trying to force myself into putting in my drawings, just to get some practice, you know? X'3

So yeah, thanks for all the crits and tips! XDD
I didn't really think about the lineart till now, but yeah, I'll get into it and see what I can do. o3o
I'm also going to see what I can do with that hand. XD I didn't really think it through when I started this. X3
The right hand wasn't really supposed to show, because I was trying to angle his right arm, sort of.. It's kind of overed by his sleeve. o3o

ANYWAY, got a bus to reach, at my best friend's house - cya. 8D <3
Old 08-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
Remamaru
Karbonite

OKAY, now I'm home, and I discovered my mother deleted my PSD-file by accident (..or was it? X3) while borrowing my computer, and I'm way too lazy to try and clean it up and redo it to make it right, soo... X'3
I think I'll just let this one be. *thumbs up, sarcastic expression* X'3
I should rather be doing some SERIOUS anatomy studies, I suppose, and get my proportions and foreshortening right instead. :3
So, um, thanks anyway. X3