Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #21
Makkon
BRAINS

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 
Total Awards: 1

I'd have to say Guild Wars, because the game is not based on the amount of time you spend playing, but rather on your actual player skill. A level 1 can kill a level 30 if he's a good gamer. Also, online play is FREE. Once you buy the game, you can play as much as you want.
Makkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #22
Hitokiri
is the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5te
mining and skinning random sheep (on WoW).
If i had a job or large sums of money, I would totally start playing WoW right now, just for that.

I recently looked a rather nice game called Perfect World. Unfortunatly, I can't play it as i dont live in any of the countries the game is made for. But if you find a way, the game looks amazing, and sounds fun too.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #23
jt4470
Karbonite

currently, WoW and LOTR are the best...even though they play so similarly at first.

Get WoW..
Or Guild Wars (though I stopped playing that as my guild is no longer active).
jt4470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #24
japanman
UEIKU APU!!!

Right now WoW is the best. But in 2008 when it comes out I hope that DRAGONBALL online will be the best. and Yes there is a dragonball online game coming out. check wikipedia and youtube.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #25
RobotCat
Best combination ever

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 2 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri
Lunia. If you arent much for the endless grinding which eventually occurs in most MMORPG's, play this, you wont even think that you indeed ARE grinding. It's fun as hell, though so far, due to the fast paced gameplay, there isn't a lot of talking goin on. Infact, even if you don't mind the endless grinding, play it .
Tell me more about it, I'm intrigued. The website is kind of sparse.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #26
Moxie
Temporary mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanman
Right now WoW is the best. But in 2008 when it comes out I hope that DRAGONBALL online will be the best. and Yes there is a dragonball online game coming out. check wikipedia and youtube.
Playing with a thousand Goku clones is going to be awesome!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #27
Hitokiri
is the man

It has 3 character classes which are priestess, wizard, and swordsman. And they all look the same, so expect to see many people who resemble you :P. You start in a small town and eventaully enter stage 1-1 all the way up to some high number (Havent been playing to long, only at 1-10). But what i really love about the game is that you don't have to use the mouse for combat. It's based on the skill level of the player mostly as you use the arrow keys to move and A, S, and space for attacks. Also, there can only be a limited number of people per "area" and everyone recieves the same amount of exp, and the game tries to distribute items evenly. It's nice not having to worry about some random archer stealing your hard earned boss kill and take all the things that shoulda been yours. And it also has a PvP as nearly every other mmorpg has. Quite satisfying to get a 136 combo off on a bunch of orc's without receiving a single hit . Also, it a free to play game, sorta like maplestory as there is a cash shop. And nothing beats kicking a guy who's 6 or 7 level's higher than you around the PvP places without receiving a scratch.

And the DBZ online game should be fun, just hope they dont limit you to only the DBZ chars, just being a certain race would make it awesome. Cause if it is limited to DBZ chars, i'll probably be the only piccalo :P
Old 08-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #28
Meatloaf
Brett

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Meatloaf

I've started Guild Wars up again. It is fun, and yea, you cap at level 20. So no crazy nights of leveling up. Also, you can change your attributes whenever you want, upgrades aren't permanent.

Its geared toward PvP. You can even start a PvP only character and be at lvl 20 at the start. I haven't done any PvP, but you join Guilds and do big battles. Sounds fun...once i get good I can try >.>

Oh yea, and people aren't roaming around in the places for quests and such. You find a party in town, and if they are with you when you leave, they can do quests and stuff. Otherwise its like a normal game.

And its free online, so, it wins automatically :P
Old 08-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #29
japanman
UEIKU APU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
Playing with a thousand Goku clones is going to be awesome!
I know right?!!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #30
flare60
Wannabe Black Mage

Dragon ball online happens about 100 years after dragon ball ended, your actually a time squad member helping to protect the timeline.

A few races to choose from so far, namekian, human, sayajin and so on.

The amount of faces and such you can do to your character before starting looks pretty good.

And all the artwork is supervised by toriyama sensei !
flare60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #31
Serge
OBJECTION!

Send a message via AIM to Serge

As for MMORPG's that are coming out there are...

1.Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Based on the book, large character creation system, combat reliess on timed combos.)

2.Tabula Rasa (A Sci-fi MMO. Made by lord British himself)

3.Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (Based on the Warhammer setting created by Games Workshop)

If you want more information on them look it up on Wikipedia or on their respective sites. As for which one I'm going to play, it will probobly be the last two.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #32
Hitokiri
is the man

Got another to throw into the bunch of upcoming games.

Huxley. It looks awesome.

And if your looking for a new mmo, just go to mmorpg.com, they have tons of games listed.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #33
RobotCat
Best combination ever

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 2 
Total Awards: 2

Wasn't Age of Conan supposed to be released like, earlier this year?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #34
Ixion
Black Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie
Wasn't Age of Conan supposed to be released like, earlier this year?
Last I heard, fairly recently,the Devs got an extra $30mil funding, so its safe to assume its getting held back to make the most of that

Ixion's DA
WANTED Scorpions: Ixion Vs Lancer.Evox.2k
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #35
flare60
Wannabe Black Mage

Age of conan is currently in beta from what i recall, a friend of mines actually part of the beta but i havent talked to him for awhile so i cant really say mutch.

Warhammer online looks ******* fantastic.
flare60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #36
Steasaurus
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf
I've started Guild Wars up again. It is fun, and yea, you cap at level 20. So no crazy nights of leveling up. Also, you can change your attributes whenever you want, upgrades aren't permanent.

Its geared toward PvP. You can even start a PvP only character and be at lvl 20 at the start. I haven't done any PvP, but you join Guilds and do big battles. Sounds fun...once i get good I can try >.>

Oh yea, and people aren't roaming around in the places for quests and such. You find a party in town, and if they are with you when you leave, they can do quests and stuff. Otherwise its like a normal game.

And its free online, so, it wins automatically :P
I'm not sure about the isolated playing fields, kinda feels wrong in an MMORPG... takes the MMO out and replaces it with just MO IMO.
And the level cap increases with expansion packs right?
I'm glad to see there's still some life in GW though.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #37
Dharc
Terrestris Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Dharc Send a message via Skype™ to Dharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanman
But in 2008 when it comes out I hope that DRAGONBALL online will be the best. and Yes there is a dragonball online game coming out. check wikipedia and youtube.
I can already smell the Machinema
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #38
Hitokiri
is the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharc
I can already smell the Machinema
That would so be me....
Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #39
DynastyX
rockin' bodies!

Quote:
Eve Online is the longest running and has the largest community besides Runescape which is pretty shit.

Hidden: Explaining Eve is like explaining the bible but its actually believable unlike the bible. Its also a lot more complicated that WoW. I suggest wikipedia. Basically you start with a small ship in a gignatic universal game world. You spend hours mining ore and selling it at different colonies till you can get a better ship and make some friends to do the very hards missions with. You have hundreds of options and customizations for you ships but it tooks months till you can actually get the gigantic battle cruiser stuff like in Homeworld 2. Brillaint and very addictive though.
I hate EvE but I love the bible, go figure.

WoW or Lotro are the best ways to go, but if you get LOTRO watch out for Breeville that town has ungodly lag. I mean out of all the mmo's I've played they've given me the highest satisfaction factor, no bugs, not hard to log in etc.
-DX
DynastyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #40
kubba
Walad Majnoon

I'd have to say maplestory, its just the most simple, fun mmorpg ive ever played
kubba is offline   Reply With Quote