Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Writer's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

Send a message via ICQ to Durandal 5150 Send a message via AIM to Durandal 5150 Send a message via MSN to Durandal 5150 Send a message via Yahoo to Durandal 5150
Default OMG, It's Dungeons & Dragons!

Or considering the last campaign I ran, Towns N' Nazis, but thats' beside the point.

First order of Business. Anybody ELSE want to DM? If not, I shall do so.

Next, Do we REALLY want to use the combat rules? they are too clunky to use directly on the Internet, so if I DM We shall use a more Abstract system. (That doesn't much involve movement, Since that's where the Complications arise.)

Finally, What Setting Shall we use? I'm no good with established settings (I.E. Faerun, Eberron.) And I have some good ones up my sleeve. I have one in mind that should be perfect, If you don't mind a few changes to the basic setting. (Read, "My setting has Muskets, Cannons, Flying castles, and a shitload of Nazis!")

oh, and those of you that Expressed Interest, Do it again in this thread, Please.
Durandal 5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
velcro animal
new Teriyaki style

so you're just going to have us post our turns and tell us what happened? are we using dice?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Sideburnz
Krappy Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to Sideburnz Send a message via Yahoo to Sideburnz Send a message via Skype™ to Sideburnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro animal
so you're just going to have us post our turns and tell us what happened? are we using dice?
I think so, sounds interesting, get a couple of others on here, and we have a party. As of right now though, I'd have to sit this one out, but I will watch it of course, I haven't had anything to do with D&D forever. He probably rolls dice and posts the outcome or somehting of that nature if he is DMing.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:46 AM   #4
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

Send a message via ICQ to Durandal 5150 Send a message via AIM to Durandal 5150 Send a message via MSN to Durandal 5150 Send a message via Yahoo to Durandal 5150

the D&D online forum has Code for rolling Dice online, but since we are lacking that, My rolling dice is kinda neccesary...Unless A) you have dice and I can trust you, or B) We just RP and Screw the Rules.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:50 AM   #5
Sideburnz
Krappy Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to Sideburnz Send a message via Yahoo to Sideburnz Send a message via Skype™ to Sideburnz

RP and screw the rule, RP and screw the rules! lol, whatever is easier.

p.s. I haven't any dice, lol, that could be why.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #6
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

Well, Alrighty than. I believe we Need Chars. If the rules be screwed, all thats Really important is that any mages follow rules regarding spells and usage. Y'know.

Once we have Chars, we can start. If party has less than 4 memebers, NPCs will be added.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:56 AM   #7
Sideburnz
Krappy Karbonite

ill work on a character, what is the choices, I haven't played forever.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:00 AM   #8
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

Race Choices for my Setting
Human
Elf
Half-Elf
Halfling
Half-Orc
Gnome
Elf Subraces, (wood elf, Wild elf, Drow, and Frost elf are Exceptable.)
Common Giants are fine, though their a race I just recently added, but this makes Half-Giants OK too.

Oh, And Dwarves, all Subraces, Duergar and Derro Included.

I suppose you really ment what Classes are there?
*Cough* that will be one hell of a list, so just tell me what you Want to do, and I'll tell you what Class you're looking for. (NOTE: Actually only 12 base classes, but add specializations and Prestige classes and the list quadruples.)

All for now.

Last edited by Durandal 5150 : 11-09-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:35 AM   #9
thac0_man
Karbonite

I have dice. look at my name for cryin out loud. What about dwarfs?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
Zabur
Prince of Treachery

Send a message via ICQ to Zabur Send a message via AIM to Zabur Send a message via MSN to Zabur Send a message via Yahoo to Zabur

Well, I'm in, even though I have never playn D&D on a forum before, and I haven't playn it in about a month or so -.-

Here is my character so far:
Name: Inar
Race: Halfling
Class:Rouge

Do you want me to e-mail you the entire character sheet? If so, I need to know a few things:
Are there any weapons beyond that of conventional D&D? (eg: guns, ect.)
What is my starting gold?
Should I roll my own stats and just tell you, or will you be doing that?

Thanks, can't wait ^_^
Zabur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #11
aisuru
karbonite

Send a message via MSN to aisuru

can i join? the extent of my D&D knowledge is playing Baldur's Gate I & II, i have to admit. i'd be able to email you a character sheet too though, since i aquired one at some point, though i can't remember where from exactly. i'd probably need assistance with filling it out properly though...
aisuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #12
Zabur
Prince of Treachery

Send a message via ICQ to Zabur Send a message via AIM to Zabur Send a message via MSN to Zabur Send a message via Yahoo to Zabur

I can show you how if it's required.

Lets wait till he says we need one, then I'll MSN you and tell you what you need to do, heh.

My Space Page.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 AM   #13
aisuru
karbonite

Send a message via MSN to aisuru

cool.

[edit] actually, i've managed to get a copy of the player's handbook and a rulebook, so i think i should be able to figure it out. touch wood.

Last edited by aisuru : 11-09-2005 at 08:25 AM.
aisuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #14
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

Don't worry about sending me stuff, I don't need much, really.
Go ahead and roll your own stuff, We'll just work on an honor system here.

Weapons, well, You have, let's say 1,000GP and buy what you can for that.

All weapons are exceptable. Including Exotics and Oriental Weapons. No Firearms Except the Following, At this point anyway.

Add the following to the list:
These should be easy to find...
Musket Pistol, 250GP
Musket, Rifle, 500GP
Musket Balls, Bag of 10 for 3GP
Powder, Horn for 35GP, enough for 32 shots.

If you Can find a merchant that's selling These...
Zalstienian Repeater Rifle 700 GP
Zalstienian Revolver 500 GP
"" Halberd Rifle 1000 GP
"" Blade Pistol 800 GP (Always Masterwork)
Cartridges, 1GP a piece.

(NOTE: Zalstienian after Zalstien, A country to the West....Though knowing my luck with language, its quite likely also something very offensive in german...)

Some other stuff, But it isn't readily Available at first level or in the "Starting town.

EDIT:
I knew I friggen forgot something! Oops, Yeah, Dwarves and all subraces are exceptable. Sorry

thac0's sig: Usually LE, sometimes CG, most recently: CN.

zabur: A Halflin Rogue? Uber Cliche! But perfectly okay, of course.

Last edited by Durandal 5150 : 11-09-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #15
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

Zabur: new Sig? Cieling Inscription, Chapel Primus, Aboard the Divine Right, Flagship, Battlefleet Gothic. And I didn't even need to look it up.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #16
Zabur
Prince of Treachery

I've decided to change my class/race, YAY!

Well, I roll up a character right now, and post it here.

I'll edit this post with the new information ^_^

Also...my sig is from 1984 -.-....I have no idea what you are talking about.

How about giving us an intro to the world before we do anything?

My Space Page.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #17
Durandal 5150
Come here, Stalker...

oh.....Well...Even if It's not Original, I assure you that IS on the cieling of the Chapel Primus too...Those SOBs at Games Workshop should stop stealing quotes....

teh world, General Idea: A somewhat Cliche setting I came up with awhile ago.

Geo: The world consists of three main Contenents, I havn't named them yet, though. The one the campaign will start on is located in the Southwest, (Southwest hemisphere) and is occupied by a large variety of Terrains and countries.

to the north of that is the mandatory "Islands-O-Snow" and to the north east is Zalstien, (A completely random name, but as I said, with my luck, likely something offensive in a Foreign language.)

Game starts on the eastern side of the former, in a small kingdom called (Randomly) Eb, (not the Dungeon Siege one!)

Society stuff: Like most settings, this one contains a large number of races and subraces. all the standard races are represented and have at least one kingdom on the main continent. Unlike most settings, Giants (Of the non-Evil Varieties at least.) are accepted members of general society. (Thus the "Common Giant" race, Appearance Exactly like Human, but twice as tall. Giant Elves are acceptable too. If you need the racial modifiers, ask.)

The main kingdoms are usually rather friendly diplomatically. The exception is those Bastards from Zalstien. More on this in Part 3...

Tech: The tech level is Quite high, with firearms just entering mass acceptance, and steam-powered vehicles are just hitting the drawing boards. (wheter they will replace magical vehicles, who knows.)

Though almost everyone has access to and uses technology, Zalstien seems to have an innate grasp of it, already manufacturing repeating weapons, such as revolvers and Cylandir cartridge rifles. (Revolver Rifles.) This doesn't mean they have no magic, however... Since they have this huge advantage, Zalstien decides to go conquer the main continent, seeing as they are so much "better" than everybody else...Yup, you guessed it, Their friggen Nazis. Feel no shame in killing them. They're evil. those that aren't are too Brain-Washed to know the difference.

Beyond that it's standard fantasy stuff....just with a few less dragons, a lot more Nazis, and some flying castles to boot.

Questions?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #18
velcro animal
new Teriyaki style

so it's a lot like our world somewhere between the late 18 and early 1900s but with magic and fantasy races right? would that mean that clothing styles would lean more towards manufactured than homemade?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #19
Zabur
Prince of Treachery

I decided to make a Barbarian, so you can start planning since you at least know what I'll play as.

My Space Page.

Last edited by Zabur : 11-10-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #20
velcro animal
new Teriyaki style

I'll be a human paladin.