Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > ACTIVITIES > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #61
jackson86

The world cup is going on so I think the footballers or the game, expressions of coach and player etc. I don`t know how the idea is but i think its good.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #62
AznPB
Call Me Pogi

Send a message via Skype™ to AznPB

I apologize if any of these were mentioned already. I didn't bother to read before page 3.

Randomly generated criteria: Have a mod find and pick an awesome random generator that would fit a contest's needs, post a link and have the contest based on what participants receive from the random generator. They post their drawing and include what was generated for them. Not sure how effective this would be or if there's room for "cheating".

Strange Martial Art Discipline: Take fighting to a whole new level. Either have a renown style like 'Iron Fist' and put a new twist on it. The combatant's hands are literally made of iron! Or develop your own say, 'Octopus Style' where your combatant fights with all eight of their arms.

Totally Ambiguous: Since there's a lot of anatomy discussions on PK - The challenge is to create a fictional person who can pass for both male or female. The most confusing entry wins.

If Electronics Could Talk: Create a one page sequence or a single image of what you think your electronic devices or appliances would say. Hell - Have a full blown conversation if you like.

Sightless Art: This is a weird concept but you have to literally draw one of your senses other than sight. And no - you can't draw an ear for hearing or a finger for touch. You have to go beyond what you can see and express what your senses are like through art.

Midas' Touch: If everything you touched turned into gold, what could you expect to happen in everyday life?

Clashing Themes: Combine two totally separate ideas into one cohesive one. Perhaps a Western movie but set in arctic regions with gun-toting Eskimos riding reindeer as their trusty steeds and bar fights inside igloos.

Last edited by AznPB : 07-15-2010 at 11:36 PM.
AznPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #63
ShimmeringSword
KarbideRanger

Dunno if this has been proposed...
Host a "multi challenge month" with one week or so subject assignments (chow/idw anyone?). Participants racking up points just for submitting to each one, and extra points for weekly winners, all to be added up at the end of the contest to name the medal winners.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #64
Steasaurus
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?
I propose a contest in which you must paint (or sculpt or whatever) yourself fighting with anyone. Preferably a famous figure, be it fictional, historical or whatever.
I think it would be an interesting take on a self portrait as well as good exercise for action scenes and getting likeness down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator
Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #65
Dr. Zoinksman
The Doctor is in.

Dude. I love AzN's martial arts idea. That sounds like it has loads of potential. And fun designs galore. I vote for that one.

check my DA. www.drzoinksman.deviantart.com
Dr. Zoinksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #66
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Banner contest: A contest solely for the purpose of a banner. The winning entry will get a place in the banner rotation. The only restriction is to design a banner that would enrich the current rotation.

Experimental Techniques contest: Make art with unusual materials (try to find something that, to the best of your knowledge, hasn't been used to create art with). Judging will be based on: 1. idea 2. execution 3. subject matter

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #67
just-gary
*Lurking*

Chinese Wisdom

The leader of the competition could pick a chinese wisdom quote, and the participants can interpret that for their piece of art.
just-gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #68
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 2 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver

Quote:
The leader of the competition could pick a chinese wisdom quote, and the participants can interpret that for their piece of art.
lol! you mean 成語? or you mean stuff that comes from fortune cookies? either way, awesome.

Some interesting ideas..a reminder, there will be another contest come Christmas/New Year's, if you have any holiday themed ideas, that will be useful too =D

Last edited by darkreaver : 11-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.
darkreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #69
muzz
karbogasm

hmm get everyone to go buy fortune cookies and abse it off the first one you open !
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #70
Fiona
Taken By Trees

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: When Hell Freezes Over Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznPB
I apologize if any of these were mentioned already. I didn't bother to read before page 3.

Clashing Themes: Combine two totally separate ideas into one cohesive one. Perhaps a Western movie but set in arctic regions with gun-toting Eskimos riding reindeer as their trusty steeds and bar fights inside igloos.
I really like this one. I think that a lot of our contests are a little too specific, and people loose inspiration. This is good because it's broad!
Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #71
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 2 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver

convert lego models into illustrations:

art by adam duncan:
Old 11-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #72
Threes
umop episdn

Send a message via AIM to Threes Send a message via MSN to Threes Send a message via Yahoo to Threes

i like that idea!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #73
TheCasualAce
Karbonite

Interesting idea with the lego illustrations Darkreaver, If people really got into it they could buy legos and build anything and draw their version of it.

Hmmm guess I Should post an idea... "Thinks for 5 secs"
A contest of making a group of 3 to 5 to 8 or even 10 overlord leader type bad guys anything from mafia leaders martial art leaders dark wizards ninjas or a fun combination of assassins, vampires,pop corn men, space aliens,TMNT people. anything people can think up I personally like the idea of putting separate underground overlord bad guys together as the ring leaders of the underworld look. or good guys versions.
Well that's my spontaneous idea for the day.
TheCasualAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 AM   #74
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Beauty of Language

Art in itself uses language to convey meaning, so why not base a contest on that? Participants would try to put down an euphemism, idiom, symbol or any other figure of speech (maybe literal representation of the cockney rhyming slang) which apart from their literal meaning have a figurative one, and try to base a scene on that contrast.

The entries would be judged according to: 1) wittiness of the concept 2) technical realisation

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #75
Dante P
I'm like a novice, man.

ya i got one kind of vague to me though i come back in and fix it up later
magic book
creative illustration idea

draw a picture of some one or some people who find a book of alchemy or magic and out of curiosity try one of the spells out. capture the moment of the spell happening

-try to capture the emotion and expressions of the spell they casted and/or the creature they summoned actually coming to life.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #76
just-gary
*Lurking*

nice idea dante... though i can picture alot of frog-men xD

i would like to enter this one though, it might attract alot of interest from usual un-involved parties... it sounds like a lot of fun

http://s4.zetaboards.com/WritersBlock/index/
just-gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #77
Phl
Clang-Klang!

Send a message via AIM to Phl Send a message via MSN to Phl Send a message via Skype™ to Phl

Yeah I think i'd be interested by this idea. It has such a large specter of possibilities too.

Phl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #78
ennazussuzanne
Karbonite

I like Dante's idea.
ennazussuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #79
Dr. Zoinksman
The Doctor is in.

I like Dante's and Random Lamb's. The magic one and the figure of speech one both sound interesting. I think we would have to decide which one to do first but we should do both of them.

check my DA. www.drzoinksman.deviantart.com
Dr. Zoinksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #80
GlassBomb
Karbonite

Single stroke. Draw anything you want with a single connected line. Think like an Etch-A-Sketch.

Or create double image optical illusion. Like...
Horns from Tech N9ne's K.O.D. album.
GlassBomb is offline   Reply With Quote