Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > ACTIVITIES > Exercise Yard
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2015, 11:57 PM   #11
astrapho
One of 'em crazies

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle Contest - Winner: 1st place - Issue reason: Beat the scariest boss into a pulp 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: When Hell Freezes Over Contest '11 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to astrapho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieverjoe
So, I wanted to ask, on this one, I See some awesome color blending, expecially on the clouds, parts of her cloak, and on the rocks on the lower left. How do you do that? Do you manually blend them with the brush? Do you use the smudge brush? Is it sorcery? It's sorcery, isn't it?
Also, how did you get that sexy, sexy texture on the upper edge of the cloak?
Basically, how do you do the things, and can I do it, too?
I hate to be vague with advice but the color choices were based heavily on feel. It's important to be sensitive to the feel of colors while picking them I think. I colored it by trying loads of different color combinations with the rough idea of what I wanted, and what color temperature of light was coming from where. So all the cool highlights faced one way and all the warms faced the other. Nope no smudge brush, just painterly brushes and a lot of patience haha. The edge of her cloak is based on the idea of edge variation, I aimed to have all 4 types of edges (hard, firm, soft, lost) present in the picture and it suited the cloak to have some lost edges made with textures, and also making love with photoshop.
astrapho is offline   Reply With Quote