Polykarbon Art Forum

Polykarbon Art Forum (http://www.polykarbonbbs.com/index.php)
-   Sketchbooks (http://www.polykarbonbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Danno's Sketchbook (http://www.polykarbonbbs.com/showthread.php?t=24591)

Lifesmre 07-19-2009 10:12 PM

Danno's Sketchbook

I know I've got a whole lot to learn, I stopped drawing for a long time after school, but I'm really trying to get back on the horse. So I'm drawing at least 1 picture a day (on weekdays, weekends are spent with family :) ) And I look forward to all advice.

Here's some of the stuff thats come out. (I only scan once a week.)

Sidenote:: I know I really should get crits BEFORE I ink my work, but Im trying to work on my inking skills too so I've been inking them right away.

I appreciate any crits, and though I cant much fix the inked pictures I WILL make note of the changes in my actual sketchbook since I go back and study them to see where my mistakes are.

Chubbs 07-19-2009 11:59 PM

Hmm I like all of them except the buttons girl one, i can't quite place my finger on why it annoys me but it just does. But anywho, you should know that i actually strive to be like you, so keep it up please :)

Lifesmre 09-17-2010 10:30 PM

DC universe

I used to spend all my time doing original character art which is fun to get all my ideas out, but since my bigger goal right now is improving, I decided to start using other characters so theres less time spent imagining, and more time practicing/creating.

So heres a bunch of DC stuff I've done off and on over the course of this past year.

Im usually pleased with the lineart, not so much with the coloring. I tend to like the copic stuff more than the PS colors.

Lifesmre 08-23-2016 07:15 PM

Wow I haven't been here in ages. It's fun to see my old work. I'm not sure if anyone I knew from before is still here but since I stumbled in I suppose I'll update my Sketchbook with some newer stuff...

djizomdjinn 08-23-2016 11:44 PM

Looks like great stuff! Keep it up, you've definitely improved.

Only thing is the mermaid looks broken at first glace, it's hard to see the pose. Perhaps a lower angle next time so the water doesn't block as much?

**smile** 08-25-2016 03:58 AM

you've definitely improved. it looks better now and the b/w cowgirl? looks very dynamic.

Lifesmre 08-25-2016 07:13 PM

Thanks! (The Cowgirl is a Noir Sailor Jupiter)

Lifesmre 08-25-2016 07:19 PM

I try to do warmups before I work on most days. They are meant to be quick to loosen up (although sometimes I get carried away).

Here's some from the past week.

AegisFuzzy 08-19-2018 09:48 AM

I know the feeling getting back into things. You got a decent idea of basics, as no your coloring seems solid. Your proportions and foreshortening look off. Nothing a little practice wont fix. But all around pretty solid man.